ICH9 sound problem on resume


Last summer I renewed my two main desktop computers. I was looking for something compact but easily upgradeable. Not very expensive and reliable. I've got good experiences in the past with ASUS barebones, so I went for this one. All but a small detail have worked like a charm since day one.

I was amazed to see see that even suspend worked nicely with Ubuntu 8.04. But then I realized the system sound was gone when waking up from suspend. And it seemed the only way to get it back was to reboot the system.

Several forums reported the possibility of adding some parameters to the sound driver module so it will reload appropriately when resuming. Unfortunately the two first hours of attempts were unsuccessful and I decided I could live without it. However, days later I've found another post where what it is suggested worked for me too:

add these lines to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base

options snd-hda-intel model=3stack-dig
options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=1
options snd-hda-intel single_cmd=1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VFD control with Arduino using RS485 link

How to get sinusoidal s-curve for a stepper motor

Stepper motor step signal timing calculation